Middleton Creek Primitive Baptist Church
Articles of Faith
1. We believe in one only true and living God; and that there are a
trinity of persons in the God head - the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Ghost, the same in essence, equal in power and glory.
2. We believe the scriptures of the Old and New testaments were given
by inspiration of God, and are of Divine authority, and the only rule
of faith and practices.
3. We believe in the fall of Adam; in the imputation of his sins to all
his posterity; in the total depravity of human nature and in man's
inability to restore himself to the favor of God.
4. We believe in the everlasting love of God to his people; in the
eternal, unconditional election of a definite number of the human
family to grace and glory.
5. We believe that sinners are only justified in the sight of God, by
the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ, which is unto all and upon
all them that believe.
6. We believe all those who were chosen in Christ before the foundation
of the world are, in time, effectually called, regenerated, converted,
and sanctified; and are kept by the power of God through faith, unto
7. We believe there is one mediator between God and man, the man Christ
Jesus, who by the satisfaction which he made to law and justice, "in
becoming an offering for sin" hath, by his most precious blood,
redeemed the elect from under the curse of the law, that they might be
holy and without blame before him in love.
8. We believe good works are the fruits of faith, and follow after
justification, are evidence of a gracious state, and that is the duty
of all believers to perform them from a principle of love.
9. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, and a general judgment,
and that the happiness of the righteous and the punishment of the
wicked will be Eternal.